Assistant System Developer, Financial & HR Systems
Job Purpose: Working closely with the ICT Enterprise Application Services (EAS) team, business-line teams and other ICT leadership teams the jobholder will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting the University’s ICT Enterprise Application Systems so that they continue to drive business operations and offer spectacular user experience across University constituents and stakeholders. Specifically, the jobholder will focus first, on University Financial & HR Systems before assisting in other ICT Enterprise Application Systems. Further, the jobholder will work synergistically with enterprise architecture, infrastructure, security, quality assurance and other ICT teams to innovate and to expeditiously resolve issues around ICT systems processes and services.
Assistant Systems Developer, Financial & HR Services
- System Analysis and Design: Support the respective business owner/ department to gather and document requirements for new systems or new functionality and to translate this into appropriate systems designs that have well defined auditability requirements and security standards.
- System Development: Propose new systems and/or modify existing systems through software coding and testing, in order to viably meet the requirements of respective business owner or University department while using appropriate methods that effectively meet system security requirements.
- Application Code Maintenance: Maintain and safeguard the code repository for respective systems.
- Technical Support: Provide technical and functional supervision during the change and/or implementation of new/old systems.
- ICT Client Support and Training: Provide client support in order to meet SLA requirements as well as conduct user training for respective systems as scheduled or on an ad hoc basis.
- System Integration: Develop interfaces between systems as the need arises towards meeting system owner requirements.
- System Documentation: Ensure that proper technical and user documentation, is maintained for all systems.
- Reports and Data Visualisation: Provide analytical information or reports from systems as required, having incorporated systems design that supports data visualization.
- System and Database Administration: To conduct the role of systems and database administrator only for systems he/she was not involved in developing. Further, she/he will work with systems audit and security teams to enhance systems security and quality and to expeditiously resolve identified non-conformities.
- Systems Resilience and Disaster Recovery: Ensure that regular backups and restoration tests are carried out as per laid down policy for all systems. Further, he/she will be involved in designing system resilience such as applications clustering, among others.
- Learning and Innovation: Research on new technologies that may enhance current processes or deal with identified problem areas as well grow and maintain professional skills by attending educational seminars/conferences, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional bodies.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Upper qualification.
- 2-year work experience in software/systems development in a busy software development environment within a highly automated institution (s), where customer-facing digital solutions are developed and used.
- Desirable – Knowledge of virtualization software (VMware, Citrix), version control (SVN, GIT).
- Relevant hands-on experience in systems development.
- Knowledge of PHP programming language will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Java Programming Language.
- Knowledge of MVC tools/frameworks such as Spring, Spring boot etc. is a must.
- Demonstrable proficiency in relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle.
- Linux system administration proficiency.
- Thinks outside the box (creative).
- Attention to detail.
- Results – oriented.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player.
- Problem solving focus.
- Technical zeal.
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Self-discipline and drive.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Assistant Systems Developer, Financial & HR Systems” on the subject line to email@example.com by 11th November 2019.