Associate Dean – Research and Innovation
To be responsible for the establishment of research and innovation centres, publications, conferences and seminar series, working paper series and establishment of publications in the fields of business and management sciences. Responsible for the advancement of the research strategy of the Business School. To provide leadership, management, and oversight of the research, resources (human & financial) and innovation in the business school.
- To promote and facilitate lead-edge research, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the goals of the Business School.
- To build and provide sufficient support for, a community of innovative researchers to enhance research capacity at the Business School and to increase internal and external research opportunities for faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate students.
- To develop networks between the research centres and researchers in the field in the public and private sectors, locally, nationally and internationally.
- To develop mutual beneficial linkages with industry in order to develop partnerships and collaborative research of mutual benefit.
- To transfer knowledge to society through outreach (e.g. seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, conferences, publications) and, where applicable, through technology transfer (e.g. collaborative research; contract work; and commercialization of intellectual property).
- To oversee the Professorial Chairs and Research fellows program.
- To lead strategic planning for the research centres to ensure that their objectives are aligned with the School’s Strategic Plan.
- To oversee the proper discharge of administrative duties of the research centre including supervising personnel, financial management, and operations.
- To report to donors and other stakeholders on funding and research outcomes.
- To manage the research plan effectively and efficiently, ensuring that accepted standards of research and ethical behavior are met;
- To enhance the reputation of the research centres and the School by undertaking quality research and communicating that research to the society;
- To encourage and support the raising of funds for research conducted by the research centres.
- To provide semi-annual and annual evaluations of trends in research productivity, diversity, academic achievement and other measures of research outputs.
- To serve as a member on the Business School Management Board.
Skills & Requirements
- PHD Holder in a relevant field and at the level of a Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Full Professor.
- Outstanding research record.
- Experience in research grant sourcing and managing large research programs such as centres, departments and large and complex research grants.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience with at least 3 years’ experience at a managerial position.
- Integrity – operate within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position.
- Motivated/Results Oriented – established record of personal drive and the determination to succeed.
- Mission Oriented – passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a disciplined desire to achieve the mission.
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to ensure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Associate Dean – Research and Innovation” on the subject line to email@example.com by the end of the day (5:30 p.m) Thursday 29th August 2019.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.