Business Development Manager – Custom Solutions
Job Purpose: The position holder will be tasked with marketing and selling Custom Solutions Programs while building and cultivating sustainable key relationships with potential public and commercial partners, nationally and regionally. The ideal candidate would need to have considerable experience in business development, developing training solutions, market intelligence and solution selling.
Business Development Manager - Custom Solutions
- To target new clients for business development and propose new initiatives for existing clients to increase sales opportunities, growth plans and achieve personal and team financial targets.
- To develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, developing industry linkages to sustain Strathmore Business School as their knowledge partner in transforming Africa leaders while exploring opportunities for potential clients.
- To continually survey the market to understand the needs, market trends and to be aware of market views on our products and propose solutions to address the gaps.
- To continually develop a sales pipeline to ensure a proactive approach to business development.
- To provide guidance to the Business Development team reporting to you and to ensure delivery of expected outcomes to the clients.
- To prepare activity schedules and submit management reports on Business Development activities to the Head of department as per the agreed timelines.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
- Master’s Degree in a business-related field will be an added advantage.
- 3 years of working experience in sales, Business Development, Selling Training.
- Marketing and selling experience.
- Reliable, organized, a good communicator, approachable, team player and with a sense of integrity.
- Leadership skills, networking skills, knowledge of teaching institutions landscape and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Business Development Manager – Custom Solutions’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday 15 th November 2019. Due to a large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.