Communications Manager – SBS
The position will be responsible for the development of public relations and corporate communication strategies to enhance the Business School’s overall reputation as well as to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between Strathmore Business School and its publics.
Communications Manager - SBS
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the corporate communications strategy and ensure compliance to policies and procedures to support business performance.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute internal and external communications projects that support the realization of the University’s strategic and operational goals.
- Develop and manage the business school proactive and reactive media relations strategy including coordinating media relations by ensuring that the correct information is presented to and reported in media houses.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Oversee the development and execution of the Social media strategy to promote the visibility of Strathmore University Business School Programmes in the target markets.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate action-oriented recommendations regarding managing the University’s and business school communication strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- Masters degree in a business-related field with a bias in communication.
- A Professional Qualification in Public Relations.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in executing external and internal communications function two (2) of which must be in a management position.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent event management skills.
- Experience in planning, executing and measuring effectiveness of communications programs and activities
- Highly developed influencing and relationship management skills
- High level of integrity.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Communications Manager’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to email@example.com by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday 11th October 2019. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.