Director Coaching – SBS
This position will be responsible for providing the vision, leadership and strategic direction the organization needs to support all learning in the Business School by translating knowledge to action while serving all stakeholders including students, staff, alumni and external clients. The position will also drive and position Coaching as the main differentiator for the Business School.
Director Coaching - SBS
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the Coaching and Executive Coaching agenda of the school and act as the professional advisor to the Management Committee on all aspects of the coaching activities. This will also involve conducting official correspondence relating to coaching on behalf of SBS as well as representing SBS at activities that enhance the organization’s profile and visibility,
- Drive business visibility and marketing strategy for the department including revenue-generating sources, sales targets and client engagement platforms for new business. This also involves positioning SBS as a coaching provider of choice for alumni and external clients.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the coaching department through the development of an operational and Management plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of coaching; drafting policies, procedures and protocols to manage the coaching programs and establishing definable and comparable metrics of a successful coaching program.
- Liaise with international faculty to design and deliver relevant coaching programs while ensuring that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of Strathmore Business School.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for coaches & administrators, recruit, interview and select coaches that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization’s mission and ensure that they receive an orientation to the SBS coaching concept, and that appropriate training is provided.
- Implement a performance management system for the coaches, which include monitoring their performance on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Ensure the smooth running of operations in the department through the preparation and monitoring of the departmental budget and monitor the monthly cash flow.
- Drive the research and development of coaching including the compiling of anecdotal evidence in both, write cases related to organizational and personal agenda success stories and present research papers in relevant promotional platforms.
Skills & Requirements
- A master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Recognized coach and mentor certifications by International regulatory bodies of coaching and mentoring.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage diverse stakeholders.
- Business acumen.
- Good networking skills.
- An eye for opportunities and courage to follow through.
- Ability to delegate and empower their team as they undertake their duties while he/she focusses on strategic and leadership functions.
- Visionary (ability to create a compelling vision and communicate it enthusiastically and consistently)
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Director Coaching’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday 18th October 2019. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.