Director – Regional Academies
The position is responsible for overseeing the Regional Academies towards achieving its strategic objectives.
Director - Regional Academies
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for sales management and delivery of sales targets in the regions.
- Budgetary responsibility for all regional (TZ, RW & UG) programs.
- Oversight of the quality management of all executive education programs in the regions.
- Direction of executive programs participants’ recruitment including setting of targets and fees in conjunction with the School’s Management Committee.
- Liaising with Directors of Academic Departments/ Institutes, course directors, course administrators in the development and delivery of program curricula, schedules and in monitoring target achievement.
- Responding effectively to market developments and changes by translating executive education needs from public and commercial partners into products and curriculum that meets the needs of the School’s clients and to ensure the relevance of the Schools offerings to organizations, locally and internationally.
- To identify and establish productive and sustainable links with potential public and commercial partners regionally, nationally and worldwide, promoting the School as an integral part of the business community and where appropriate, secure and implement executive education partnership agreements.
- Advising the Deputy Executive Dean on all Regional Academies matters and contributing to the development of the School strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- Master’s degree in any related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Previous experience in a business development role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on critical sales contracts.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Team player, with the ability to work with different departments within the institution as well as with individuals at various levels.
- Experience in leading and managing diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and delivering training and consulting solutions for organizations will be an added advantage.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Director Regional Academies’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday 18th October 2019. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.