Head Marketing and Communications.
This position will be responsible for developing and spearheading the vision of a world-class business school by identifying and putting in place marketing strategies in line with the internationalization strategy of Strathmore University Business School mirrored by key learnings and experiences from existing international partner schools’ and networks collaborations.
Head Marketing and Communications
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement the external and internal Marketing & communications strategy to ensure that the Business School communicates in a consistent, accurate, professional and prompt fashion with all its stakeholders: students, parents, participants, corporate, partners and the wider community.
- To develop and implement the Business School’s marketing strategy and quality improvement plan in line with the strategic goals and performance targets set. This will cover all aspects of marketing including market research, product development, students/participants’ enrollment and advertising/awareness.
- Building awareness of the Business School and promote good relationships with other institutions or networks which can be helpful in attracting quality participants. This includes, developing and managing networking and engagement programmes to enhance the Business School’s relationship with clients, prospective clients, partner institutions and the wider community.
- Contribute to the management of media relations and media coverage to strengthen the reputation of Strathmore University in collaboration with the Director of Communications and University Relations.
- To identify and develop international marketing efforts in foreign countries which includes programs promotions and students/participants enrollment support. Expanding upon existing markets by tracking participants’ enrollment and analyzing these markets to increase students/participants reach.
- Overall marketing of all Strathmore University Business School courses, benchmarking with our global partner schools and networks.
- Actively manage and supervise costs via the annual budgeting process
- Monitor sales and product performance and ensure prior analysis of business opportunities.
- Achievement of business plans for growth and profit Shared P&L responsibility.
- Supervision of the department’s staff, manage performance and implement their development needs.
- Provide leadership in the various projects undertaken by the department including the Brand realignment of the Business School.
Skills & Requirements
- Master’s degree in a business-related field with a bias in communication.
- A Professional Qualification in Marketing and Communication.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in Marketing and Sales with a brand in a service-oriented industry.
- Significant leadership profile and line management experience.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial mindset, understanding of the marketing planning process, forecasting and managing P&L.
- Track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative and analytical skills.
- Experience in managing budgets and maximizing their effectiveness
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Head Marketing and Communication’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to email@example.com by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday 18th October 2019. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.