Job Purpose: The position is responsible for supervising and maintaining all laboratory supplies, materials, equipment and records. The position requires a thorough understanding and practice of advanced laboratory testing, interpreting analytical data and resolving technical challenges.
- Maintain a clean working area in the laboratory.
- Conducting practical sessions with students.
- Assist in the development of laboratory manuals and procedures.
- Assisting in maintaining an updated inventory.
- Preparing reports pertaining to repairs and scheduled maintenance and other tasks.
- Assisting in maintaining and undertaking minor repairs of lab equipment.
- Assisting in preparation of budget materials for teaching materials
- Ensure the laboratory is opened and locked in time.
- Assist in ensuring the laboratory environment is safe.
- Supporting in departmental innovations, research and income generation activities.
- Assisting in conducting student practical at postgraduate and undergraduate levels
- Participate in quality management systems in the laboratory.
- Any other duty assigned by the immediate supervisor
Skills & Requirements
- Higher Diploma in any of the following disciplines: – Applied Sciences (Chemistry or Physics),
- Electronics and Instrumentation or Electronics and Telecommunication or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years relevant practical working experience with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness, and compliance to deadlines.
- Membership registration with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Supervisory and managerial skills.
- Strong technical ability in the relevant field.
- Problem solving through a system’s approach.
- Data and procedure analysis
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “ Laboratory Technician” on the subject line to email@example.com by 8th November 2019.